Then the LORD God took the man and put
him in the garden of
Eden to tend and keep it.
16) And the LORD God commanded the man, saying,
Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;
17) but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not
eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.
18) And the LORD God said, It is not good that man should be alone;
I will make him a helper comparable to him.
19) Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and
every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would
call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name.
20) So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every
beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper
comparable to him.